A permanent full-time opportunity has become available with an Award winning apprenticeship training provider in Construction and Engineering. Join an established team of very successful trainers (all experienced tradespeople) that share a passion for helping employers to pass on their skills to the next generation.
This opportunity is ideal for a:
- Trade qualified Carpenter/Builder that has experience sharing their knowledge with apprentices, either on a work site or in a training environment.
- Patient and engaging communicator that is keen to support people to learn and achieve their best.
Attitude and personality (along with practical experience on the tools) are a priority for this position (over formal training experience/qualifications) and our client will support your career development with qualifications to become a recognised Trainer / Assessor (if you do not currently possess a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment).
If successful, you will be responsible for managing and coordinating apprentices throughout their training program – from initial sign up to completion of their apprenticeship (and everything in between). This includes:
- Develop positive working relationships and rapport with apprentices and employers through regular communication and development of training plans that are well-aligned to the needs of the worksite.
- Provide ongoing coaching, mentoring and guidance to apprentices to ensure positive progress and outcomes (including on-site training and practical assessment).
- Explain processes (including online training to supplement on-the-job training) and answer questions.
- Apply your expert and pragmatic judgement to assess apprentice competency (against the unit of competency guidelines and applicable standards).
- Maintain efficient and effective filing and records management to meet all audit requirements, and organisational policies and procedures.
- Provide your input (as part of the training team) to support the continual development and enhancement of training and assessment resources to support best practice.
As a Trainer/Assessor you will regularly visit employer work sites to provide onsite training and practical assessment. As such, either a motor vehicle (or motor vehicle allowance) will be provided to travel to sites.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will need to demonstrate:
- Certificate III in Carpentry
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is an advantage but not essential
- Eligibility to obtain a Blue Card (for working with children)
- Current drivers licence
- Well developed communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- A passion for training and mentoring apprentices
- Experience in engaging, and sharing your knowledge, with young people (this could be on a work site or through previous sports coaching roles, etc)
This is an opportunity to join a progressive company at the forefront of apprenticeship training. You will enjoy working with a great team of people that are committed to quality outcomes for apprentices and employers.
A competitive salary will be negotiated commensurate with skills and experience to recognise the credibility that you will bring to the team and the key role that the Trainer/Assessor plays in maintaining this training providers reputation and brand as a leader in the marketplace.