Recruitment@Top (a division of the Top Office Group) is a second generation Queensland owned business with over 30 years history. We are proud to be a Preferred Supplier of staffing solutions to Queensland Government, Ipswich City Council and leading businesses throughout South East Queensland.
An entry-level Business Administration traineeship opportunity has become available with a highly professional, corporate office in the Ipswich area. This is an opportunity to learn a wide range of administrative skills to support your career growth, with duties including:
- Liaising with customers, as well as internal and external stakeholders both face-to-face and via telephone (with a strong focus on providing exceptional customer service)
- Data entry and and information maintenance (using a range of technology and computer systems)
- Undertaking front-line reception and client service duties including responding to incoming calls, answering enquiries, taking messages and directing callers
- Recordkeeping duties
- General administration support to the team
This full-time traineeship will run over a 12 month period, during which time you will work full-time hours, Monday – Friday. You will be paid the national training wage (which ranges from $312.20 to $635.10 per week depending on your highest year of schooling and when you finished school). You will also gain crucial experience in an office environment and complete your Certificate III in Business Administration through a mix of on-the-job training and experience, combined with online learning.
To be eligible to complete a traineeship, you must not have previously completed a Certificate III (or higher) level qualification (note that qualifications completed as part of your senior certificate at school or within two years of finishing school may be able to be set aside to enable eligibility).
Applicants should be keen to learn, motivated to achieve goals and eager to build a career within an office / administration environment. This role will have a strong client service focus and therefore your confident communication and interpersonal skills are essential. You should also demonstrate:
- A willingness to learn and self-motivation
- A team player approach to work
- A sound understanding of MS Office with the aptitude to learn new computer systems quickly
- Accurate keyboarding skills (ideally 30wpm+ when touch typing)
- Ability to work unsupervised
- A high level of enthusiasm for this career path
Traineeships offer an entry-level opportunity that is focussed on the development of business administration skills. It is suited to those that are looking to commence their career in an office (rather than experienced administrators).
In considering applications that we receive, we will be looking for a well written cover letter (as a separate attachment to your resume), highlighting your availability to commence a traineeship, current typing speed (approximately) and your reasons for applying for a business administration traineeship.
If you have any specific questions regarding this position, please phone Bree on 07 3812 2920.