A 12 month full-time Certificate III in Business Administration traineeship has become available with an Australian owned organisation located at Annerley.
This is an ideal entry level opportunity and a great way to earn and learn whilst gaining valuable administrative experience. This traineeship will entail learning a range of administrative duties, including:
- Answering telephones and performing reception duties
- Updating and maintaining information in document management systems (Sharepoint)
- Filing, archiving and records management
- Data entry and information management
- Spreadsheeting, word processing and preparation of presentations
- General administrative duties to support the team
A full-time traineeship runs over a 12 month period, during which time you are paid the national training wage (ranging from $323.10 to $657.30 per week depending on your highest year of schooling and when you finished school). You will also gain experience in an office environment and complete your Certificate III in Business Administration through a mix of on-the-job training and experience, combined with online learning.
To be eligible to complete a traineeship, you must not have previously completed a Certificate III (or higher) level qualification (note that qualifications completed as part of your senior certificate at school or within two years of finishing school may be able to be set aside to enable eligibility).
Applicants should be keen to learn, motivated to achieve goals and eager to build a career within an office / administration environment. You should also demonstrate:
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Team player approach
- A sound understanding of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint (and MS Outlook preferred)
- Accurate keyboarding skills (minimum 30wpm+ when touch typing)
- High level of attention to detail (including spelling and grammar)
Ideally, you will also demonstrate reliability, punctuality and a high work ethic gained through some type of prior work experience (including hospitality, retail, office, etc).
Traineeships offer an entry-level opportunity that is focussed on the development of business administration skills. It is suited to those that are looking to commence their career in an office (rather than experienced administrators).
In considering applications that we receive, we will be looking for a well written cover letter (as a separate attachment to your resume), highlighting your availability to commence a traineeship, current typing speed (approximately) and your reasons for applying for a business administration traineeship.
Please follow the link to apply for this job (and include both your cover letter and resume). If you have any specific questions, please phone Bree on 07 3812 2920.
We look forward to hearing from you!