A permanent full-time opportunity has become available in the Ipswich area to take the next step in your contracts administration career.
Operating across Qld and NSW (in 10 locations) and parented by an ASX Top 100 listed company operating across Asia Pacific and beyond, this is an opportunity to contribute to an expanding civil construction and maintenance business.
Working on projects upwards of $10 million, the business is proud of its reputation to consistently provide a quality service to a repeat client base from across commercial and civil construction projects. You will support senior management and commercially aligned managers with contract administration duties and tasks.
Experience in contracts management is essential and the role will be responsible for the procurement, implementation, execution and administration of contracts. Other key duties include:
- Advising senior management on matters requiring attention (including developing a proposed action plan, tracking operations and implementing decisions on contracting practices to improve efficiencies and mitigate risks).
- Overseeing management and delivery of contracts including relevant documentation and review of key contract management performance indicators and associated reporting processes.
- Working collaboratively with project managers and engineers in the delivery and efficient completion of projects in accordance with the contract to ensure that business targets are achieved.
- Associated administration including entering relevant data in to job costing databases and assisting with the submission and development of tender documents.
- Contractual review of contracts, agreements and procurement procedures including the proposal of any amendments to improve efficiencies and mitigate risks within the business.
- Review and execution of progress claims and identification of cost saving initiatives/alternatives to maximise profitability.
- Management of document control and maintenance of dispute registers.
- Management of final completion of projects and liaison with relevant key stakeholders to mitigate risk within the business.
To be considered for this role, you will need to demonstrate:
- Previous aligned experience in a contract management role, ideally within a construction related environment (qualifications to support this will be well regarded).
- Proven skills in interpreting specifications and commercial contract conditions.
- Well developed communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills (including experience providing contracting/tendering advice).
- Experience in commercial reporting and risk management.
Although this position will be based in Ipswich, weekly site visits will be required to another Brisbane site and possible travel at times to other regional based sites may be required.
Where to from here?
Please submit your application, including both your resume and a cover letter highlighting your aligned experience and availability to commence.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Top Office Group is a second generation Queensland owned business with over 30 years history and a contracted supplier of staffing solutions to Queensland Government and leading businesses across South East Queensland.