A temporary assignment has become available for an experienced Technical Officer (Roads and Drainage) with a government department in Ipswich.
Working full-time hours, the role is responsible for assisting with the delivery of new works and maintenance to roads and drainage projects. This includes:
- Researching and documenting the condition of pavements, traffic assets and drainage.
- Determining the extent and cost of capital works programs required with an emphasis on innovative and sustainable practices.
- Liaising with field officers, landowners and public to ensure smooth delivery of projects on time and in budget.
The role will also include works associated with estimating, tendering and contract supervision.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will need to demonstrate:
- Formal qualifications in Civil Engineering (Diploma in Civil Engineering, Road Design or equivalent) or be able to demonstrate excellent knowledge of, and experience in, roads and drainage construction and maintenance work planning costing and delivery.
- Highly developed interpersonal and oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external parties
- Computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Office, together with confidence learning and using new systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of work practices, policies, procedures and guidelines including Workplace Health & Safety, Environmental Management, Quality Assurance and Traffic Control.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of road infrastructure including road surfaces, pavements, storm water drainage, retaining walls, footpaths, guardrail, light poles and bridges, including familiarity with standards and specifications for design and construction of these assets.
- Familiar with project management processes and procedures, coupled with experience in managing external contractors and consultants
The hourly rate will be negotiated, commensurate with skills and experience. This is a fantastic opportunity to get a foot in the door with an employer of choice in the local area.
We look forward to hearing from you.