A temporary opportunity for an experienced Category Manager (Construction and Maintenance) has become available with a local government department in Ipswich.
Working full-time hours for an anticipated period of 4 months initially, you will be primarily responsible for:
- Developing and managing contractual relationships with construction and maintenance partners ensuring that maximum value is achieved from arrangements.
- Contributing to the leadership and direction of construction and maintenance contract delivery management to contribute to Council’s corporate goals.
- Driving, negotiating and influencing at all levels through strong stakeholder engagement to develop successful partnerships with construction and maintenance partners and vendors through proactive and articulate communication.
This includes contract negotiation, management of deliverables, KPIs, specific contract requirements, incident and problem resolution, data analysis in relation to contract performance (including identifying strategies for improvement in service delivery and value for money) and strategic advice on emerging trends.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will need to demonstrate aligned skills and experience, including:
- Graduate or post-graduate qualifications in a relevant discipline OR be pursuing such qualifications OR substantial proven experience within the desired areas.
- Demonstrated ability to operate under broad direction from senior officers and exercise managerial responsibility for a procurement function within the organisation.
- Demonstrated record in the initiation and formulation of extensive procurement projects/programmes which impact on an organisation’s goals and objectives, including the identification of current and future options and the development of strategies to achieve desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability in the provision of specialised, advice on procurement matters within the organisation.
- Demonstrated record in positions in responsibility for decision making within the constraints of corporate policy and the provision of advice and support to other areas of an organisation with impact upon policies and programmes requiring initiative, the ability to formulate, implement, monitor and evaluate projects and/or programmes.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake procurement work of significant scope and/or complexity under own initiative, and duties of innovative and critical nature with minimal direction.
Where to from here?