A temporary opportunity for an experienced Category Manager (ICT) has become available with a local government department in Ipswich.
Working full-time hours for an anticipated period of 4 months initially, you will be primarily responsible for:
- Developing and managing contractual relationships with information technology partners and vendors ensuring that maximum value is achieved from arrangements.
- Contributing to the leadership and direction of information technology contract delivery management to contribute to corporate goals.
- Driving, negotiating and influencing at all levels through strong stakeholder engagement to develop successful partnerships with information technology partners and vendors through proactive and articulate communication.
This includes contract negotiation, management of deliverables, KPIs, specific contract requirements, incident and problem resolution relating to ICT solutions and applications, data analysis in relation to contract performance (including identifying strategies for improvement in service delivery and value for money) and strategic advice on emerging trends (in ICT contract delivery).
The role will also be responsible for ensuring the security of ICT applications, network infrastructure and related data is not susceptible to inappropriate access due to contracts entered into with information technology partner and vendor contracts.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will need to demonstrate aligned skills and experience, including:
- Graduate or post-graduate qualifications in a relevant discipline OR be pursuing such qualifications OR substantial proven experience within the desired areas.
- Demonstrated ability to establish successful partnerships with information technology partners and vendors that contribute to the delivery of innovative solutions and support adoption of emerging trends in information and communication technology.
- Demonstrated high level of skill in negotiating contractual outcomes and managing within a contractual model to support organisation goals, strategies, deliverables, outcomes, targets and performance measures aligned to business requirements.
- Demonstrated high level of skill in delivering improvements and efficiencies in information and communication technology contract reviews in a diverse organisation.
- High level of communication skills to effectively manage key relationships at all levels of the organisation and to influence and provide advice to business representative and decision makers.
- High level of strategic leadership and management skills in an environment consistent with the contemporary public sector.
Where to from here?