Top Office Group is a second generation family business specialising in recruiting high caliber team members for a select group of very reputable businesses throughout South East Queensland.
We are looking for a Mechanical design drafts person to produce workshop drawings using inventor and assist in concept design, documentation and nesting components using Pronest & uploading for CNC cutting.
Our client a fast growing small to medium sized well equipped steel fabrication business with a team of top quality trades people,who are courageous enough to take on new bespoke projects. Through consistently meeting and exceeding client expectations they have developed loyal client list of repeat customers. They make a range of products from sheet metal in mild steel alloy and stainless, custom truck service bodied and mines spec truck and ute backs through to attachments for earth moving equipment and pipe and heavy structural fabrication for water infrastructure.
This position requires
- Engineering or similar professional tertiary qualification with relevant industry experience and knowledge of structural steel design and standards
- Alternatively, trade qualification (sheet metal worker, boilermaker, coach and body builder or fitter) with minimum 2 years’ experience in drafting
- Experience using 3D CAD software mainly inventor
- Excellent drafting presentation skills
- High level communication skills to develop and explain client needs
- To be a self starter and efficiently manage your own workload
- Be reliable, dependable and flexible when required
- Produce detailed workshop drawings for a range of steel and alloy projects
- Assist with the review of project designs and advise on structural details
- Assist with design solutions for all design and construct projects
- Attend meetings with clients, builders, and stakeholders to advise of any variations
- Ensure compliance with relevant codes and maintain a quality control system including scope of works, User Manuals, Amendments & revisions
- Identify areas for improvement within file storage
Wages will be commensurate with skills and experience but as we want the best we are prepared to meet the market to secure an enthusiastic, committed CAD professional.
To apply please send your resume to email@example.com or call Warren on 3812 2920.