A permanent part-time opportunity has become available with a well known and long standing local sporting event industry leader with over 35 years history.
Your bookkeeping experience will be valued to undertake a range of accounts, finance, administration and day-to-day office management duties. Working 4 days/week, responsibilities include:
- Maintain and manage accounts payable and accounts receivable including journal entries.
- Process weekly payroll and superannuation compliance.
- Maintain and process daily and weekly event reports including updates on budget v actuals.
- Process refunds and credits specific to the business, along with reporting after events and as required.
- Lodgement of monthly superannuation and BAS obligations.
- Bank and account reconciliations.
- Manage the cash flow and financial reporting to the committee, including financial analysis and audit preparation as required.
- Analyse data and financial statements to develop future strategies and improve business efficiency.
- Review and manage equipment lease, insurance and other company contracts.
- Oversee stock level management of office, including ticketing and event support activities.
- Human resource duties including recruitment documentation/processes and managing ongoing training requirements.
- Event support requirements including permit and licence applications.
- Assist with maintaining the delivery of sponsorship deliverables.
- Maintain the volunteer database including new volunteer applications.
- Associated general office management processes and procedures to support an enjoyable and efficient working environment.
This role will provide challenge and variety within the dynamic sporting events environment. To be considered, you should demonstrate strong attention to detail, well developed communication and interpersonal skills and exceptional organisation skills with a proven ability to multi-skill and meet competing deadlines. We are also seeking:
- Proven financial reporting / bookkeeping experience (Quickbooks software system experience highly desirable, however, MYOB or Xero experience will also be valued to support transition).
- Understanding of statutory requirements including BAS and superannuation.
- Payroll processing experience including the ability to interpret and apply industrial relations obligations.
- Experience working with HR documentation and providing employee support.
- High level of confidence using Microsoft Office systems including intermediate/advanced skills in MS Excel with a proven ability to analyse data for financial reporting.
- Proficient in initiating, reviewing and developing procedures to support and improve business efficiency.
- Previous experience with payment systems online and merchant terminals for reconciliations and general business troubleshooting.
- Current Working with Children Blue Card (or eligibility to obtain).
- Due to the location in the Ipswich area, you will require your own transport (limited public transport available).
- Please note that this worksite does have a COVID vaccination mandate.
An attractive hourly rate will be negotiated based on skills and experience. If you are seeking a role that offers responsibility and career growth in the local area then we encourage you to submit your application without delay.
If you have any specific questions, please contact our recruitment team on 3812 2920 or email email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!