A full-time 15 month contract opportunity has become available with a well know and long standing local sporting industry leader with over 35 years history.
If you have been thinking of a career in event management, this could your ideal entry in to this dynamic environment with a well regarded high profile local business. Working within a small but busy team, this role will act as the first point of contact for the event facility, ensuring an exceptional level of customer service is maintained. Your communication and interpersonal skills are essential as you will be liaising with major sponsors, customers and suppliers in this administration support role:
- Ensuring a high standard of customer service by providing frontline reception support including answering telephones, greeting visitors and monitoring email system.
- Assisting with social media communication (including monitoring enquiries, creating posts and promoting upcoming events) and website updates.
- Receiving supplier deliveries and ensuring all visitors complete sign in procedures when applicable.
- Using MS Word and MS Excel to prepare correspondence, reports and event documentation, together with maintaining spreadsheets and undertake associated tasks.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date details within all event and business databases.
- Process registrations and event sales through online and merchant facility processing, including reconciliation of daily settlement reports (as well as assisting with troubleshooting and guidance for customers).
- Prepare and print event tickets including hard card passes for timely delivery to sponsors and customers.
- Collect, prepare and sort incoming and outgoing mail, email correspondence, online entries and faxes.
- Liaise with suppliers for event equipment, event trophy orders and general office supplies.
- Undertake administrative tasks and duties as required
- Assist with sponsor and general bookings for the facility reserved areas.
- Provide general administrative support to the team, including at event days.
To be considered for this opportunity, you should demonstrate:
- Previous experience in an office environment, including reception and administration skills (minimum 2 years).
- A strong focus on delivering exceptional customer service.
- Confidence learning and using a range of computer systems (including intermediate skills in MS Word and MS Excel, together with a good understanding of MS Outlook).
- Ability to follow procedures and apply with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Well developed organisation and time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines and establish priorities.
- Confident communication and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience with payment systems (online and merchant terminals) is preferred but not essential.
- Current Working with Children Blue Card (or eligibility to obtain).
- Own transport (although this site is located in the Ipswich area, due to limited public transport options, you will require your own transport).
- Availability to work full-time hours Monday to Friday with some flexibility to work weekends when events are scheduled.
Please note that this worksite does have a COVID vaccination mandate.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Mahala on 3812 2920 (or email email@example.com). Otherwise, we look forward to receiving your application.