A permanent full-time opportunity has become available with an industry leading Australian company that supplies cleaning equipment for industrial and commercial use.
We are seeking a sales and business development professional to join their experienced team. Responsible for driving new sales and revenue growth across five states (Qld, NT, SA, VIC and TAS), this role will require your energy, passion, technical acumen, professionalism and sales expertise to undertake a range of duties, including:
- Build new business and develop existing key relationships across the territory to drive sales and revenue.
- Conduct market research and identify new targets (including liaising with clients, suppliers and other stakeholders to produce and sell quality products).
- Provide technical support to clients, emphasising long-term relationships based on products that add value to their bottom line.
- Share sales leads and market information with counterparts to create a customer focussed outcome.
- Influence and guide customers on product selection based on their needs and requirements.
- Prepare and submit sales reports to management and record all sales activity via a purpose-built CRM.
- Learn how products work and how to troubleshoot issues with customers.
- Represent the company at trade shows and exhibitions when required.
It is anticipated that you will spend 5 days out of every month (in a planned one-week block) travelling interstate to attend new business sales appointments and key customer contact.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will need to demonstrate:
- Your proven sales performance with at least five years direct face-to-face business development and account management experience
- Proven experience in identifying business opportunities.
- Strong negotiation skills at all levels of business and experience working with high value transactions.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to engage, influence and build positive rapport with a wide range of people.
- Mechanical aptitude and the ability to understand technical processes (including the ability to translate and work with mechanical and technical specifications).
- Confidence and competence learning and using technology (including MS Office skills and experience maintaining a CRM platform).
- Strong and reliable planning, time management and organisational management skills.
- Resilient and positive attitude with a high level of commitment to achieving customer focussed outcomes and delivering on promises.
With 30 years history, this is an opportunity to join a team of informed professionals that have built a loyal following through adding value to customer conversations, delivering on what they promise and customising solutions to meet client expectations. You will receive ongoing support from across the business to ensure your success.
An attractive base salary is on offer, together with a fully maintained company vehicle and tools of the trade (including mobile and laptop). Travel and accommodation arrangements will be co-ordinated by the company for regular intra-state and inter-state travel.
Where to from here?
Please submit your application, including a cover letter highlighting your aligned expertise and any previous experience in a mechanical/trades background and availability to commence. If you have any specific questions, please phone Trina on 3812 2920 or email email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!