This role is within an aluminium extrusion plant and is a fantastic opportunity for a young person who is looking for a trainee ship within the extrusion industry . Very similar to going through an apprenticeship (there is no apprenticeship for this skill area) you will be put through many training courses and be mentored by the most skilled people within the industry. When finished this trainee ship and fully qualified you will be earning the same wages as mechanical fitter such is the demand for these skills. If you are mechanically minded have a good eye for detail and are looking for a career path in the metal industry this may be the role for you.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
• Improving repeatability of dies performance
• Ensuring dies are available to run
• Identifying and analysing die design issues
• Liaising with Customer regarding any problem dies
• Setting up die trials to run once or twice if required
• Making recommendations for on-going improvement
The successful applicant will acquire the:
• Ability to read and interpret Engineering drawings
• Ability to accurately inspect and correct dies for extrusion presses or be trained to do so
• Ability to analyse dies in relation to die failure and interpret reasons why failure occurs
• Ability to competently prepare and inspect dies for extrusion presses
• Analytical and lateral approach to problem solving and the ability to make logical and well-reasoned decisions.
• Ability to accurately work with and interpret, numbers and technical detail
• Understands the importance of quality to the business and show attention to detail.
This is a full time role 6am – 2.30 pm with the opportunity for overtime regularly the hourly rate will very much depend on the experience of the applicant. The applicant must have the right to work in Australia. This role will start in mid to late January.
Please send all applications to email@example.com or call Warren on 3812 2920.