Traineeships combine training with working in a real job, for a real wage, while learning valuable skills.
The Australian Government ‘Australian Apprenticeship Incentives Program’ (covering apprenticeships and traineeships) encourages employers to offer genuine opportunities for skills-based training and development of employees and further information about the payments that may be available when engaging a trainee can be found at www.australianapprenticeships.gov.au.
Skills@Top is an approved Supervising Registered Training Organisation (SRTO)
When engaging a trainee, there must be a Supervising Registered Training Organisation (SRTO) for each trainee. Skills@Top is an approved Supervising Registered Training Organisation (SRTO) for the following traineeships:
- Certificate III in Business (BSB30115)
- Certificate III in Business Administration (BSB30415)
- Certificate III in Recordkeeping (BSB30815)
As your SRTO, we offer a free trainee recruitment placement service (including advertising, screening, selection and recommendation of eligible applicants for your opportunity) and our responsibilities include developing a tailored Training Plan (in consultation with the employer and trainee on-site), monitoring on-the-job progress and demonstration of skills, delivering the underpinning training qualification (through a blended approach of online training and on-site visits throughout the year) and issuing the training qualification upon completion.
Skills@Top is a Queensland Government Skills Assure Supplier (User Choice)
The Queensland Government User Choice program supports the delivery of accredited entry-level training to trainees. The program works in conjunction with the Commonwealth Australian Apprenticeships System and provides a public funding contribution towards the cost of training and assessment for eligible Queensland trainees (with funding paid directly to the approved SRTO).
With 32 years history in South East Queensland, partner with Skills@Top today to recruit and train your next trainee.
Traineeships are a great way to “grow your own talent” through recruiting, developing and training the next generation, whilst giving back to the community through supporting job creation and providing a pathway for people to work towards their career goals.
Full-time traineeships run for a training contract term of 12 months and you are not under any obligation to offer permanent employment following the successful completion of the traineeship, giving you the opportunity to reassess your resourcing requirements based on business needs.
No matter what industry you are in, traineeships provide real benefits to business:
- Recruit staff that can be trained in your work environment in areas where you most need the skills.
- Positively engage your team through offering coaching and mentoring opportunities whilst increasing business efficiencies and productivity.
- Customise the training plan to suit your business, whilst ensuring that your trainee receives up-to-date, industry relevant training from qualified and experienced professionals.
- Take advantage of significant government incentives and decreased payroll costs (the national training wage recognises the investment that you are making in training our future generation and is payroll tax exempt).
- Traineeships provide business with the opportunity to give back to the community by supporting job creation and providing a pathway for young people to work towards their career goals.
- Reassess your resourcing requirements at the end of the training contract term based on business needs.
If you would like to find out more about our traineeship packages to support your future workforce plans, contact our training team today on 3812 2920 or email email@example.com.