Top Office Group has been securing local jobs for local people for over 30 years. Fully funded under Queensland Government’s Skilling Queenslander’s for Work program, and in conjunction with BUSY at Work, we are delivering a practical Ready for Work program to support eligible 15-24 year olds with securing employment opportunities.
Statistics show that half of young Australian’s can’t find full-time work and 80% of jobs are filled before they are even advertised. Our qualified career practitioners will work with you on your career planning and job search skills, as well as developing your knowledge of the labour market, current job opportunities and local employer expectations:
- Enhance your core skills for work including resilience, planning, organising and balancing work/life commitments.
- Create a career plan with realistic action and steps that can be taken to achieve your goals.
- Plan and write a resume and job application letter that captures attention and generates results.
- Plan, organise and conduct a targeted job search to identify job opportunities (that incorporates the hidden job market).
- Understand the do’s and don’ts of using social media and online communication to ensure that it helps (rather than hinders) your job search.
- Develop an understanding of common interview questions (and how to answer them), as well as learning successful interview techniques to make a positive impression.
- Understand employer expectations during the job application process and beyond.
*Eligible applicants for Ready for Work funded programs must be aged 15-24 years, a Queensland resident and an Australian Citizen, Australian permanent resident, New Zealander or temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on a pathway to permanent residency. Limited places are available and an application process applies.
To find out more or complete our expression of interest, please click here.